Monday, July 15, 2013

A New Way of Thinking

Next June, our family will be going on a multi-family vacation to Myrtle Beach with some of our in-laws. Once we decided that we were going to go, all I could think was, "that's almost a year to lose some weight and make some changes". So, here are some of the things I'd like to change:

I'm 5'7" and I weight 251.5 pounds. My BMI is 39. Obviously, I'm obese. It's uncomfortable. It's hard to do much, physically. I hate shopping for clothes in the "Women's" section.

I am one of those people who still smokes. I can keep it hidden or at least not in everyone's face for the most part, but if I had to go an entire week in a shared condo, it might be a struggle.  

I sleep too much. Today was probably the earliest that I've been really awake all summer and that was 9:30. Now that my kids get their own breakfast and can entertain themselves, I've become lazy(er).

I am a bad housekeeper. It would be one thing if I were busy doing things with the kids, but I'm not usually. I talk to them because they're around, but it's not as though we are doing crafts or doing activities together. I want to be a little more hands-on and I want to keep up with the house the way I used to. 

So, I know that those are the things I would like to see different, but I have a tendency to overwhelm myself and not be very disciplined for long. And thinking positive is hard for me, too. But, I think I'm making progress with my body image. I don't feel like I disgust myself anymore, but I know what I have to do to change what I don't like. That's the great thing about our bodies. The ability to change it. 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to all of that. I don't smoke, but I saw what Tim went through when he quit. It isn't easy.

    Take it a day at a time...maybe one goal in each area each day. That way it may not seem so overwhelming. I am going to try doing that, myself.

    ReplyDelete