Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 5 already?

I just finished Day 2 of Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. Sounds fun, right? ;) On day one, I couldn't make it through the entire workout. I had about 5 minutes to go, but couldn't hack it. Today, I finished the whole workout! I took several breaks to catch my breath or keep from falling over from my legs being so shaky and sore, but still... I feel like I made progress from day one to two.

Lavinia (my 5-year old) is my little cheerleader. She reminds me in the morning that I need to exercise and she gets my weights out for me. Today, she seemed proud of me for doing the entire workout. She helps much more than she knows! 

I've been eating better and staying within my calorie allowance each day (except for one). I have a hard time with breakfast, though. I have to force it because I'm never hungry in the morning. I also need to get to the grocery store to get more healthy food. But things are going well. I'm trying not to beat myself up over every little shortcoming and just focusing on what I'm doing right and it's helping my confidence a lot. I really feel like this is something I can do and the future looks brighter.  

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! I haven't met up with Jillian yet today, but will do it this evening. Maybe a smoothie or something would be a good idea for breakfast since you can sip on it throughout the morning? There are some good recipes out there...whether it is yogurt based with fruit or with something like milk and whey protein. I have done skim milk, chocolate flavored whey protein, and natural peanut butter before. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete