Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Get Your Ass Away from that Scale!

I woke up late today (again) and started making excuses about why I "couldn't" exercise: "My knees hurt." "I won't have enough time." "I don't need to do it every day." etc.

So, I finally rolled out of bed and went out to the kitchen. I decided to weigh myself again to see if I'd lost any more. It was 248.5 today. A pound and a half gain. I swear I have not been cheating. That really upset me. So it was either a fluke when I weighed 247 or I'm bloated or who knows! It's just discouraging. I had to remind myself that it's still a loss from 251.5. A good 3 pound loss, too! So, I ate a little something and then had the kids clean up the Lego mess they made so I could work out. Stepping on a Lego while doing jumping jacks would NOT be fun! 

Lavinia then asked very sweetly if she could exercise with me. Of course! She (sort of) did the whole workout with me today with her little pink hand weights and it made my day. She's such a sweet and adorable little workout buddy. She really has no idea how much she helps her mama!

So, I just need to stay away from the scale until my Monday weigh-ins and keep up the hard work. I'm actually proud of the way I was able to convince myself to get it done and stop the negative talk. 

I won't quit and it will be worth every second. I know how miserable I have felt and this is a lot better than I used to be. I don't want to go back there. There are better things in my future.    

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for choosing to be proud instead of discouraged. That bloat could just be because a meal or snack you ate the day before was too salty, PMS, etc, etc. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete