Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 3

I'm out of bed before the kids. This is unusual for the summer. I'm yawning my head off, so I'm not sure I won't have a nap today. I think my oversleeping is getting better. I did fall asleep on the couch at 7 last night, though! I didn't stay up late after that and I'm glad I didn't. 

One great thing about this humidity and heat is that it wasn't worth it to me to have a cigarette yesterday. I haven't had one yet today, either. I normally don't smoke until late afternoon or night time. I don't like to smell like it all day. I'm not sure what I do like about it, actually. There are lots of things that I don't: the cost, the health issues, the hacking in the morning sometimes, the smell on my clothes. I don't even tell the kids that they're called "cigarettes" or that I "smoke" because I don't want them repeating it. That won't work for much longer, I'm sure. I guess I tell myself that if I quit, I might want to eat more, but that's not necessarily true. 

My grandma is in town from Florida (yay!!) so we went over there last night. She ordered Fried chicken and a bunch of sides. I didn't do TOO badly. I did overeat, but not a huge amount. Today, I'll do better.  I did get all of my water in yesterday, so it wasn't a total loss.

Now for what I dread the most: exercise. I'm not doing any. I'm not sure what I should do or what I want to do (ideally, none). I could walk, I guess (running isn't going to happen any time soon). I just would have to drag the kids along if I wanted to go before it gets to be blazing hot outside. I suppose I should get some kind of workout DVD. Suggestions are welcome! 

Have a good day, everyone!
 

3 comments:

  1. Baby steps! You are doing really well. :) As far as workout DVDs, if you are looking for something that is challenging (that you will FEEL the next day), that doesn't take very long, I recommend Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30. They only last about 30 minutes and they are challenging -- in a good way. You just need a set of hand weights to go with it. The DVD itself is only about $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the road to being healthier too, so i appreciate your posts! We have a Wii and downloaded amazon and it has a bunch of different workout videos because i get bored with the same old thing. i do them every now and then. One big thing that has helped me tons is following healthy bloggers on facebook, that way when i scroll through I'm constantly seeing healthy recipes, tips, and articles that interest me. My favorites to follow are Holistic Squid, Nourishing Traditions and Holistic Dad. If you go to http://holisticsquid.com and start reading what kind of eating lifestyle she is all about you will get lost in it in a good way. It's not about cutting eating out, it's about eating the right stuff and a lot of it is grass fed eggs, meat, veggies, even desserts, but cutting out gluten. I'm on that journey and have a good amount of weight and just feel better.

    ReplyDelete